United Rentals is the proud program sponsor of the ABC National Diversity Excellence Awards. United Rentals understands that a diverse team of talented individuals makes a company and the industry stronger.
Associated Builders and Contractors has named the winners of the National Diversity Excellence, an annual recognition of ABC members that display exemplary diversity leadership in their workforce, supply chain and community with best-in-class recruitment policies, retention practices and education and mentoring programs. The winners were honored at the 29th annual Excellence in Construction® Awards during ABC Convention 2019 in Long Beach, California.
“This year’s National Diversity Excellence Award winners understand a commitment to diversity is essential to meet the needs of today’s workforce,” said 2019 ABC National Chair Tony Rader, telecom vice president of National Roofing Partners, Coppell, Texas. “They are leading the way in best practices and implementing a framework to attract and invest in talent from a variety of backgrounds. ABC looks forward to continuing to work with these trailblazers to help the industry unlock the full potential of every individual who chooses a career in construction.”
2018 ABC National Diversity Excellence Award winners:
- General Contractor Over $33 million: Austin Commercial, Dallas; and Hensel Phelps, Tysons Corner, Virginia
- General Contractor Under $33 million: Lunacon Construction Group, Miami, Florida; and Wu & Associates, Inc., Mount Laurel, New Jersey
- Subcontractor: Gaylor Electric, Inc., Noblesville, Indiana
- Supplier: United Rentals, Inc., Stamford, Connecticut
- Associate: Atkinson, Andelson, Loya, Ruud & Romo, Cerritos, California
More information on the program may be directed to the Diversity Committee Staff Liaison, Tia Perry at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.